Τετάρτη 4 Νοεμβρίου 2015

My child,
Perhaps because I wasn’t worthy of being called ‘human’
I was looking at you unconcerned, within my convenience
Maybe because I was afraid of losing my tranquility
My child, for all these, I apologize
I was watching you with cold-blooded ignorance
Running towards nowhere like a fugitive
‘Hope’ being your only coat and shelter
Becoming old before you were even born
Breaking like a wave on an unfriendly beach
My child, for all these, I am asking for your forgiveness
Now, I am staring at your two eyes, which are worn out by saltiness
I am blaming the sea for becoming the cause of your death
I am leaning to kiss you without any shame
Your pale forehead where stars are shining
And instead of telling you fairytales, I, your mother
Gods and Angels are singing lullabies to you

My child, for all these, I am asking for your forgiveness