Δευτέρα 18 Αυγούστου 2014


The foreigner

Alone, counting my steps on the road

people and lights, flashing around me

feeling I’m touched by the wave of loneliness.

I looked around me gazing at golden angels

Alive, made of paper and plastic

looking at me and saying that

I had, like you had, like everyone had

the right to enjoy and my share of dreams

Yes! To the dream that you live with your eyes open

and your soul throwing away all the old burdens

mesmerized by beauty and love.

I, like you, would  like to walk the street

Loaded with bags and packages,

Wrapped in colourful paper and glittering ribbons

getting into my den and putting them in a row

A toy train for Selim, a doll for Rania

A shawl painted with the colors of love, for Samira

So maybe I can soften the pain of their absence

and quench my soul that freezes in my loneliness.



A political refugee, a hunter of a dream

An illegal immigrant of joy and hope

‘Rasiint’ is my name not 'foreigner'

my loved ones
are away, in another land

and only my thought can touch them.

Looking at the sky

I stacked upon a falling star

My own gift

‘I miss you…I love you so much’.